cooking for health & vitality
a vegan cooking and yoga retreat with Alexis and Ostii
Saturday 9th to Monday 11th June 2012
a 3 day, Queen's Birthday Long weekend retreat
Ever wanted to know ho to make exciting, tasty, nutritious vegan food? This three day retreat will introduce you to a range of cooking methods, ideas and ingredients, to spice up your food preparation for yourself and your friends.
Alexis has 20 years experience as a vegan and vegetarian chef. Over the three days of this retreat, using local and seasonal ingredients, he will introduce you to a world of food that you did not know existed, sharing with you some of the secrets of Continental House's famous Saturday night Vegan Banquet.
Explore the art of preparing and cooking grains, pulses and vegetables to create optimum nourishment, flavour and visual appeal.
Enjoy a weekend away from Melbourne in the Natural Surroundings of Hepburn Springs.
Zalan will introduce you to the world of raw vegan treats and green smoothies, and Claudia will help you satisfy your sweet tooth naturally with gluten-free vegan cakes, and perhaps even raw vegan cheesecake.
Yoga with Ostii is a blend of dynamic flowing yoga and gentle body exploration techniques, suitable for all levels of yoga experience.
this vegan cooking workshop will include:
- Hands-on vegetarian/vegan cooking classes
- A Gluten-Free, vegan baking class
- A Raw-food snack and treat preparation session
- 1 or 2 yoga classes each day
- Feasting on the delicious, healthy vegan meals that you cook
- Discussions on nutrition, ayurveda, food, veganism, and yoga
- Recipe ideas and notes on yogic diet and nutrition
- Time in the retreat centre gardens, learning about growing vegetables and edible weeds
- Accommodation in twin-share or single rooms
- Time to explore the Hepburn National Park and the bush only a few minutes walk from the retreat centre
Massage and other treatments are available onsite (please book in advance).
during these cooking classes, you will learn how to:
- Combine ingredients for maximum flavour and fulfillment, using only vegan ingredients
- Make food choices that will benefit your wellbeing and increase vitality
- Present vegetarian and vegan food for maximum visual appeal
- Bake Gluten Free, vegan cakes and desserts
- Prepare delicious, healthy raw-food treats and meals
- Eat for maximum pleasure and digestive ease
This weekend vegan cooking course offers you the opportunity to develop your cooking skills in a weekend, with time out from your busy city schedule to relax and unwind.
Although the food on this course is vegan, the recipes can be easily adapted for a vegetarian diet.
The retreat runs over the Queen's Birthday long weekend. It commences at 10.00am on Saturday 9th June and finishes at 2pm on Monday 11th June.
workshop Registration and Cost
To register, phone Ostii on 0424 442 219, or complete the retreat registration form.
The cost for the weekend retreat is $400.
Early bird price is $350 (pay by 1st May 2102).
A deposit of $100 or more is required a month before the retreat to secure your place.
For cancellations two weeks or more before the start of the retreat, your deposit or payment, minus an administration fee of $50, will be refunded. For cancellations three days or more before the start of the retreat, your deposit or payment, minus an administration fee of $100, will be refunded. For cancellations with three days of the beginning of the retreat, payments will not be refunded.